I was tagged by H. A. Lynn to do the WIP Naughty List, so here I go! Hope you enjoy.
- Provide a brief description of your novel before beginning. NO MORE THAN FIVE SENTENCES.
- If your cast is fewer than 15 characters, you can’t use the same name more than twice. If your cast is larger than 15 characters, you can’t use the same name more than once.
My WIP (work in progress): Madeleine Ashwater is your average workaholic by day, alcoholic by night…until she starts having flashbacks of her past, including her ex. Madeleine’s coworkers/closest friends help her through life as she slowly makes her way through the path to recovery. If only recovery were as simple as it sounds…
1. Which character is SO into the holidays, they nearly cause a street-wide power outage from all their Christmas lights?
This is obviously Tabitha. She loves to decorate and would probably deck those halls with so many boughs of holly that the halls would cave in.
2. Which character attends the office New Year’s party with ONE date…and goes home with someone else?
In her college days, this could totally be Madeleine. She’s a little rebel.
3. Which character is more than happy to steal Hanukkah gelt from poor, unsuspecting children? [Note: Hanukkah gelt = chocolate coins]
I can see Julie doing this, but she already is a child. So maybe Michael would take her candy and hide it until she noticed, then give it back (with extra, of course, the big ol’ softie).
4. Fill in the blanks: I saw [character] doing a whole lot more than [verb]-ing Santa Claus. They were full-on [action].
We don’t talk about what Derek does at holiday parties. It’s not polite for mixed company.
5. One of your characters decides to pregame before church and passes out in the middle of the Christmas service. Which character is it?
Gabriel and Madeleine! Stop that! Madeleine’s dad’s the priest, and he will be so pissed…
6. Which character hasn’t been seen since winter began because they refuse to deal with the snow?
Pretty sure if she didn’t have to work, Heather would be in full-on coma mode, sleeping away the season.
7. Which character completely forgot about the holidays and ends up re-gifting to everyone?
This would be Michael if Tabitha ever left him. He’s clueless without her.
8. Which character has such crappy luck, they only discover their potato allergy after pigging out on latkes?
This is definitely Heather, if she ever left the house. But she’d be grouchy anyway.
9. The Krampus has arrived to punish your very bad characters. Which character is kinda into it?
What is with Derek falling for fictional characters???
10. One of your characters should be on the naughty list, but has convinced Santa to clear their name. Which character is it, and what was their means of persuasion?
Julie was, and she used her gift of baking to make the softest, most delicious cookies that Santa has ever had!
I tag anyone who wants to play 🙂